Frequently Asked Questions
Hello all! Below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding the museum. If you don’t see an answer to your question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- If ticket time slots are in 30 minute increments, how long is the experience? Answer: Generally, it takes about 45-60 minutes to experience the museum. Tickets are set for every 30 minutes to help ease the check-in process and keep a smooth flow through the museum. Our museum is setup in one direction to help allow for social distancing, but may result in a short wait when entering.
- Are tickets sold at the door and are they cheaper than purchasing online? Answer: Tickets must be purchased online in order to guarantee entry. If there is availability, we may be able to sell tickets at the door, although we strongly recommend purchasing tickets online. The price is approximately the same if you buy online or in person since the transaction is still processed through our ticketing service either way.
- The website says there is only 1 ticket available, can I get an additional ticket at the door? Answer: Unfortunately, all our ticket inventory is available online. If the website says we are sold out or there is only 1 ticket left, that is all we have available. Please find a new date / time that has sufficient availability for your group size. Thanks!
- How do I get a refund or reschedule my tickets? Answer: Refunds and rescheduling are available up to 3 days prior to the ticket date. Please email the museum at email@example.com and provide the following information: Name and email of the person who purchased the tickets, date / time of current tickets, new date / time being requested. We will do our best to accommodate your request but rescheduling is subject to availability. Ticket availability can be found on our website here.
- Is there parking? Answer: We have arranged discounted parking for $10 through the Grant Park North Garage which is the closest parking garage to the museum (about 1.5 blocks). The garage is located at Michigan Ave and E Washington Street. Here is the link to pre purchase your parking: Parking Link
- Do I need a ticket for my child who is under 5 years? Answer: No, children 4 and under are free and you do not need a ticket for them.
- Am I able to bring a stroller for my infant? Answer: Yes, we have a coat room if you would like to park it while in the museum. At our current capacity restriction, you can bring it with you through the museum if you would like. We also have changing tables in our bathrooms for your convenience.
- Is the museum handicap accessible? Answer: Yes, the majority of the museum can easily be accessed and viewed from a wheelchair. We do have two exhibits which have extremely slanted floors, however, and is not safe to take a wheelchair inside those rooms.
- How do I book a group event and what is the pricing? Answer: If interested in booking a group event, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us your name, date/time for event, and number of guests with breakdown of Adult/Student/Child. Once we receive this information, we will check availability and provide you a price. Groups must be 15 people or larger. The price per ticket is the same as a standard ticket, however, you book the event directly through the museum and therefore avoid the ticket agency fees which saves about $3+ per ticket.
- Do you have a party room? Answer: Yes, however, due to capacity restrictions we are not currently using our party room. A group event will have admission to the exhibit area of the museum only. Also, food and beverage is not permitted at this time.
- What is your current capacity restriction due to the COVID-19 state guidelines? Answer: We are operating at 25% capacity.
- Am I able to purchase something from the gift shop without having tickets to the museum? Answer: Yes, however if we are at maximum capacity, we may need you to wait outside until someone leaves.